Effective date: September 2, 2015
The Information We Collect.
Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you provide to us. For example, when you sign-up or register for the Rewards Program we may collect Personal Information and Other Information such as your name, email address, phone number, physical address, credit/debit/payment card account (“Card”) numbers and expiration dates, Card security codes, a password, your birthday, your gender, personal preferences (such as where you like to shop), etc. Certain information may be required to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features. If you do not provide us with such information, your access to or use of the Service may be limited.
Purchase Related Information Collected:
Mobile Applications and Your Location:
We may make available mobile applications related to our Services. To provide location-based services, we may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of you or your mobile device. You can control your location information from your mobile device settings and, if available, from your account settings.
Other Information Collected from Your Use of the Service:
In addition, we may use web beacons throughout the Service. A “web beacon” is an electronic image placed in the code of a web page. We use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one webpage to another and to improve Service performance or user personalization.
Other Information Collected:
We may collect Personal Information or Other Information from third parties we reasonably believe have the right to provide such information to us (such as from merchants, marketing companies, etc.). In addition, we may collect Personal Information or Other Information with your consent or as required by law or regulation.
How We Use Personal Information and Other Information.
Spring Marketplace uses your Personal Information and Other Information as follows:
- To operate and maintain the Service (such as, overall operating and maintenance, providing customer service, fixing malfunctions, testing our security systems, etc.).
- To enhance, improve, add to and further develop the Service (such as, creating new features or functions, refining or personalizing the user experience, increasing Service technical performance, etc.).
- To track your purchases and purchasing behavior (such as, using your Card information to determine the location, nature, amount and frequency of your purchases and to provide reporting of such purchase information to Participating Merchants and shopping centers, as that is described below in “Card-Related Offers” and “Your Data”).
- We will use your contact information to provide you with notices related to your use of the Service (such as, notices regarding your eligibility for or progress towards rewards, redemption of offers, legal notices, etc.).
- We will use your contact information (such as, your email address or phone number) to provide you with account notifications, as well as promotional and marketing emails or texts (such as, Participating Merchant rewards and other offers). You can opt-out of receiving certain types of promotional and marketing emails and other communications – but in such case you may not receive the full benefit of the Service. Opting-out can be done by via your account settings or by such other methods as may be made available by us from time to time.
- To help personalize the Service experience for you (such as, remembering your information so you will not have to enter it each time you use the Service or providing you with offers, advertisements or features you may like).
- And for the other purposes referenced in the “Who Spring Marketplace Shares Your Personal Information and Other Information With” section below (such as, for the purposes of legal compliance).
Card-Related Offers and Your Data.
- Spring Marketplace will use your transaction data to confirm a qualifying purchase or return to match transactions to confirm whether you qualify for a Reward or an Offer.
- Spring Marketplace may share transaction data with the Participating Merchant or shopping center to calculate rewards that you may be eligible to receive, or where needed to confirm a specific transaction occurred at that merchant or an Offer was satisfied; for example, Spring Marketplace may share the date and amount of your purchase and the last 4 digits of your card number so the merchant can verify your purchase with its records if there is a missing or disputed transaction. Spring may also share a history of your transactions at a merchant including Personal Information with that merchant, and, subject to authorization from the merchant at which the transaction has occurred, Spring may share with a shopping center that has a program that is part of the Spring network, a history of your transactions in that shopping center's program.
- Spring Marketplace may use your transaction data to identify other Offers you may be interested in as part of the Services, including by creating a profile of your transactions and interests.
- In addition, Spring Marketplace may provide Participating Merchants or partners aggregated or anonymized information relating specifically to card activity at their locations to allow our Participating Merchants and partners to assess the results of their campaigns, programs or business results or general transaction information to assess activity across all or parts of the Spring network.
- Spring Marketplace and/or the Transaction Information Provider may provide information in order to respond to a request from government authority or a payment organization involved in a transaction with you or a merchant.
Spring Marketplace may ask a Transaction Information Provider to send Spring Marketplace a notification (so that Spring Marketplace can send you a message) when the Transaction Information Provider identifies a transaction at a merchant (including both Participating Merchants and Non-Participating Merchants) that, based on the details of that purchase, suggests you may also be interested in an offer from a Participating Merchant. For example, if you make a purchase at a retail store that is not affiliated with Spring Marketplace or a Participating Merchant but is near a Participating Merchant, Spring Marketplace may send you a message or special offer for a Participating Merchant that may be of interest to you. These messages and special offers may be delivered to you based on:
- the geographic location of the merchant where you use your Registered Card to make a purchase when you are at a physical store;
- the type of merchant where you make a purchase with your Registered Card;
- purchases at specific Participating Merchants or their affiliated brands;
- time of day of your transaction(s);
- the number or frequency of your transactions at a particular merchant or type of merchant; or
- the amount of your transaction(s).
For transactions at Non-Participating Merchants, a Transaction Information Provider will only notify Spring Marketplace that you have made a purchase that matches the criteria set by Spring Marketplace; Transaction Information Providers do not share the full details of your Non-Participating Merchant transactions with Spring Marketplace. Transaction Information Providers only provide Spring Marketplace with transaction details for purchases and returns at Participating Merchants and Non-Participating Merchants as described above.
Who Spring Marketplace Shares Your Personal Information and Other Information With.
We do not sell your Personal Information or Other Information to anyone. However, we may share your Personal Information or Other Information with third parties as described in this section:
Merchants or Partners:
Spring Marketplace may share the following types of Personal Information and Other Information with Participating Merchants or shopping centers with a program that is part of the Spring network: name, email address, phone number, physical address, your birthday, your gender, certain self-reported personal preferences (such as where you like to shop, your favorite food, wine or sports teams), purchase activity, email activity, site activity, mobile app activity, or location. Such information will be used by the Participating Merchants or shopping centers in connection with their business including, without limitation, for the purposes of offering you products and services and promotions, through their business and through or otherwise in connection with the Service (such as, Rewards Program offers and rewards).
Transaction Information Providers
We may share your Card-related information (card number, expiration date, security code, billing ZIP code) with Transaction Information Providers so they can identify and report to us regarding your transactions with your registered Card(s).
In certain situations we may partner with other businesses (including third party websites and mobile applications, etc.) for purposes of providing enhanced or different products or services including as part of the Services. In addition, certain businesses we're affiliated with may sell or provide products or services to you through or in connection with the Services. We will share your Personal Information and Other Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such product or service or part of the Services. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites or businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please review all such business' or websites' policies.
With your Consent:
We may share your Personal Information and Other Information with third parties with your consent (for example, if you consent to us posting to a third party account on your behalf – such as to your Facebook wall).
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you; for example, we may use a payment processing company to issue cash-back rewards to your Card. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information and Other Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
Profile Information and Public and Quasi-Public Submissions:
Certain user profile information, including your name and location, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Service or address your request for our services. Your account privacy settings may allow you to limit the other users who can see the Personal Information and Other Information in your user profile and/or what information in your user profile is visible to others. Please remember that any content you upload to your public user profile, along with any Personal Information of Other Information or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by anyone. Your user name may also be displayed to other users if and when you send messages or comments or upload images or videos through the Services and other users can contact you through messages and comments. Additionally, if you sign into the Services through a third party social networking site or service, your list of “friends” from that site or service may be automatically imported to the Service, and such “friends,” if they are also registered users of the Services, may be able to access certain non-public information you have entered in your Service user profile. Again, we do not control the policies and practices of any other third party site or service.
We may choose to buy or sell the assets of Spring Marketplace, Inc. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information and Other Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Protection of Company and Others:
We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Spring Marketplace, our employees, our users, or others.
Aggregated Personal Information that's no longer personally identifiable:
We may anonymize your Personal Information so that you are not individually identified, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners, who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can understand activity and results of the Service and provide you with an optimal online experience. However, we never disclose aggregate information to any third party in a manner that would identify you personally, as an individual.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: 314 West Superior, Suite 600, Chicago, IL 60654.
Third Party Advertising.
Spring Marketplace will not provide these third party advertisers with any access to your Personal Information without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in. However, please note that if an advertiser asks us to show an advertisement to a certain audience or audience segment and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they were trying to reach. In addition, we may allow advertisers to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and/or promotional offers and you agree that we may provide any of the information we have collected from you in non-personally identifiable form to an advertiser, in order for that advertiser to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements and/or offers. For example, we might use the fact you are located in San Francisco to show you ads or offers for San Francisco businesses, but we will not tell such businesses who you are.
That said, we would like to call out specifically a few programs with which we work at Google. We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise on their network. This means that third-party vendors like Google may show ads for Spring on other sites you visit on the Internet. We, along with Google and other third-parties, use first-party cookies like the Google Analytics cookie and third-party cookies like the DoubleClick cookie together to make sure you're seeing advertising content that is relevant to you based on your visits to Spring websites. We also use these cookies to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to Spring websites. We also use data from Google's Interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to offer you relevant information on our site and mobile applications.
What You can Do to Your Personal Information.
Editing your profile:
If you are a registered user of the Service, we provide you with tools to access or modify your Personal Information and other profile information. These tools are accessible from your profile section when logged-in to your Service account.
Discontinue your account:
You can discontinue your account by doing so through your User's Service account page. Subject to the “Limitations” section below, when you request us to delete your account on the Service, access to your account will be disabled. We will also disconnect our systems from your Card account(s). Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will retain your Personal Information and Other Information solely for internal purposes. We will also retain for use in operating the Service certain Other Information like purchase activity related information.
Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, your Personal Information and Other Information may be retained by us on back-up servers indefinitely. We keep such servers to help protect the stability and availability of the Service (such as protecting it from viruses and malfunctions).
In addition, copies of your information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been publicly published by your or otherwise shared by you with others (such as information posted by you to chat forums).
We may also retain certain information to prevent identity theft and other misconduct even if deletion has been requested.
We may also indefinitely retain and use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information or Other Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
Laws and Regulations:
We may also retain your Personal Information or Other Information to the extent required to comply with (or we deem it reasonable in light of) any laws or regulations.
The Location of Your Personal Information and Other Information.
While your Personal Information and Other Information is in our possession, it will be primarily stored at hosting facilities owned and operated by Spring Marketplace or its third party providers. By using the Service you are consenting to have your Personal Information and Other Information stored, transferred and processed by such third party providers on Spring Marketplace's behalf.
The Security of Your Personal Information.
Spring Marketplace takes certain precautions to protect your Personal Information and Other Information and to limit the risk that it will be accessed without authorization, including use of certain industry standard technologies and practices. That said, we cannot guarantee the security of such information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. No security system is perfect - so your use of the Service is at your own risk.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you via email, phone, physical mail, or by a posting on your Service account page - so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Pursuant to our Terms of Service you have consented to receive such notice by electronic means (provided that such consent is void where prohibited by applicable law). To receive a free written notice of a security breach, or if you have any questions about the security of the Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the security measures referenced above, once created, your Service account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Information from Children.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Service or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org, or: 314 West Superior, Suite 600, Chicago, IL 60654.